13 Jul ADUANA’S SQUARE
Looking at it geometrically reveals its triangular shape; its symmetrical appearance harmonizes with its architecturally detailed surroundings. Being filled with colors and history, as each corner of the heroic city, makes it an attractive place that you want to record photographically.
Epicenter of the firsts displays of commerce. Negotiators from the old continent came with merchandise to be offered to the big landowners and the rest of illustrious gentlemen who arrived at the old dock of the city to buy slaves. It was the epicenter of these commercial settlements because of its proximity to the dock.
Flattered by receiving a great variety of names that adorn the history: «Plaza de Colón» «Plaza de Rafael Núñez» were some of these names. In 1790, when the administration of Customs was created and located near the place, the primitive name that was once given to it «Plaza de la Aduana» («Customs Square») is revealed.
The offices of the City Hall currently operate there, in an imposing and very elegant colonial building.