13 Jul CHURCH OF THE THIRD ORDER
Its construction was made between 1730 and 1735; was part of the religious complex of the convent of San Francisco, composed of the church of San Francisco (now a theater), the cloister and this church.
Sobriety defines it, moderately architectural, but loaded with a rich symbolism that is developed in its decoration elements; its altar very austere but full of divinity, in its walls images of saints and angels and a wooden roof, makes it one of the Most welcoming colonial churches of Cartagena.
Located at the end of the long street in Getsemaní, in front of the convention center; It is one of the oldest buildings that integrated the set of properties of the Franciscan Order in Cartagena, precisely to the Third Franciscan Order, to which it owes its name.
For many years it was the place where the military were given their honors before being buried, there are rumors that the remains of the courageous Blaz de Lezo remain there. Who, with an eye, an arm and a leg, defended Cartagena in what was known as the largest maritime attack to the city.